This is a key role in a revenue generating, low risk, high potential, stage 2 start up, that will help to define the future of the business globally.
About the role
Working with the Head of finance you will have a broad role that will cover financial accounting and financial analysis, as well as a variety of project and ad hoc work as required. This role will evolve significantly as the business grows. Key responsibilities will include:
- Take on key financial accounting activity, including the delivery of income statements for key business units across multiple locations. Initially this will cover all aspects of accounting from transactional to month end but will, in time, evolve to become more “review than do” from a transactional /rec’s perspective.
- Be a part of developing and growing the finance team over the coming 18 months. Headcount is expected to double, if not treble, in this time.
- Ensure all tax, audit, filings, accounting, inter-company transactions and other relevant compliance matters are completed satisfactorily
- Budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis across Opex, Capex and Revenue, sharing insights with the executive team and supporting the Head of Finance’s participation in all key decision making.
- Business partner with the Head of Finance to support strategic planning and across new revenue streams and geographies.
“We are in a very formative stage – we have a great product, have proven the market exists in Europe and are now in a critical stage of investment and development. We need the best Cork has to offer in finance talent to ensure we are building the team of tomorrow, today” – Head of Finance
About the person
- Recently qualified accountant with big 4 or similar training
- Very strong academic track record and the smarts to be able to keep pace with a very high performing team
- A strong performance rating during training contract, indicating a track-record of exceeding expectations
- Ideally this role will suit someone with 0-1.5 years PQE looking for a potentially career defining move.
Working across all business types, but exclusively within the accounting, finance tax community, Barden exists to share bespoke advice, guidance and support to professionals along each step of their career journey.