As a key member of the 6 person team, you will perform financial and operational audits for the business, with emphasis on global project governance and risk assurance.
This is an outstanding and unique career opportunity to join an exciting and evolving Internal Audit function in a dynamic environment. The role not only allows you to optimize your auditing & accounting skillset in a fast-paced environment but to also put your own stamp on the role by developing the Internal Audit functions data analytics capabilities . In doing so you will be forefront in helping the Internal Audit function drive more targeted auditing, provide a higher degree of assurance and help provide more insightful and actionable audit findings.
- Planning, auditing and testing controls in selected audit areas, ensuring compliance with the Financial Control Framework, delivering a portfolio of predetermined Sarbanes Oxley, risk based audits and project assurance assignments and also performing other Internal Audit procedures
- Implementing a data analytics program into the Internal Audit function and contributing to the overall success of the program internally.
- Assessing risk and making recommendations for remediation and improvement;
- Producing excellent working papers and drafting clear, concise reports and obtaining management responses prior to their finalisation;
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual internal audit plan
- Assessing risk levels for current and new processes in the business;
- Performing follow-up audits to ensure appropriate action plans raised in both internal and external audit reports have been implemented and are operationally effective;
- Completing ad-hoc audits or project governance tasks as and when required;
- Ensuring work is completed on time, and
- Building strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Guiding management on devising practical and measurable implementation plans for their audit findings
- Providing support on Sarbanes Oxley queries and assisting the business with updating their control documentation
- Contributing to the development of the Internal Audit department and assisting other team members
- Promoting the Internal Audit brand internally and encouraging stakeholders to engage with Internal Audit
- Expected 20% international travel
- Big 4 trained with Professional accountancy qualification (ACA / ACCA);
- Audit experience required (internal or external);
- Experience in implementing & using data analytics – data visualisation, and modelling techniques
- Strong report writing skills, excellent attention to detail and time management skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative while also being a good team player,
- Commercial mind-set and value-add focus.
- Proven problem analysis and problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills – ability to convey technology and business value propositions to non-technical audiences
- Good knowledge of Internal Control systems ( incl. Sox)
- Act in a professional and ethical manner at all times including observing the confidential nature of Internal Audit’s work
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects at the one time
Working across all business types, but exclusively within the accounting, finance & tax community, Barden exists to share bespoke advice, guidance and support to accountants along each step of their career journey.