Demand in Cork for talent in accounting & finance today makes 2008 look like child's play; here's why.....
It’s all about supply and demand – simple recruitment economics.
Under Supply of accountants (from grads up to the circa 7 years PQE level) + Over Demand for accountants (at the same levels) = a highly candidate-driven market = salary inflation = more choice for candidates = hiring managers working harder to attract and retain talent. Simple.
“2008 has nothing on 2019. Right now we are in an increasingly unique market – where demand for finance talent has reached a peak never before seen” said Jonathan Olden, Managing Partner | Barden Cork when interviewed recently for a research paper on financial recruitment. “From graduate to about 7 years PQE there is more opportunity now for people than in peak recruitment in Q2 2008. It’s really good news for finance professionals in Cork but it does mean that many hiring managers are having to rethink how they are attracting talent and double down on their talent retention strategies.
Cork is obviously thriving. And it’s just getting started.
“This trend shows no signs of abating – we have a number of reasonably sized projects with existing companies and new entrants on track over the next few months – it’s likely to get more competitive not less. Companies are needing to re-imagine reward and the starting point is to look at the non-financial, intrinsic reward. Non-Financial reward or how it “feels to work here” is where the war for talent is really being fought and will be fought into the future.” says Jonathan Olden
Some (just a snapshot!) of our current assignments in Cork include:
- Senior Finacial Controller – Medical Device – 100K+
- Financial Controller – Media- 75-85K
- Financial Controller – Medical/Manufacturing – 70-80k
- Internal Audit Manager – Global Tech – 65-75k
- Senior Project Accountant – IT – 55-65k
- Financial Reporting Accountant – Pharmaceutical – 50-65k
- Financial Analyst – Medical Device – 50-60K
- Finance Business Partner (OPEx) – 55-60K
- Financial Accountant – Energy- – 50K
- FP&A Manager – Group Plc – 70-75K
- Senior Stat Accountant (Tech) – 75-80K
- Financial Analyst (Capex) – Global Manufacturing – 60-65K
- Commercial Accountant – Irish Indigenous, FMCG – 55k
- Management Accountant – Investment company – 55k
- Senior Financial Accountant – Pharmaceutical – 60k-€70k
- RTR Accountant – Pharmaceutical – 50k-€55k
- Data Visualization Analyst – FMCG – 55-60k
- Business Analyst – Manufacturing – 55-60k
- Data Analyst – Pharmaceutical – 35k
- Part Qualified Financial Analyst –Healthcare – 33-37k
- Accounts Payable Analyst – Technology – 35-40k
- Accounting Technician– Healthcare – 30-35k
- Accounts Payable Specialist – Manufacturing- 27-30k
- Accounts Receivable Associate – Pharmaceutical -28-31k
- Payroll Manager – Pharma – 70K++
- Payroll Team Leader – Manufacturing – 60-65K
- Payroll Specialist – Technology – 40-45K
- Tax Accountant – Pharma – Cork – 50-55k
- VAT Analyst – Pharma – Cork – 40-45k
- Corporate Finance Manager – Big 4 – 60-65k
- Part Qual Practice Accountant – Boutique Firm – 25-30k
If you, or someone in your network (or family!) are a finance professional and are considering a move in Cork/Munster OR thinking of moving back home, get in touch with Jonathan Olden and his team in Barden Cork (firstname.lastname@example.org) and they will take it from there…..
2019 is a great year to define your future in finance. Make sure you know your options, with Barden.
At Barden we invest our resources to bring you the very best insights on all things to do with your professional future. Got a topic you would like us to research? Got an insight you would like us to share with our audience? Drop us a note to email@example.com and we will take it from there!