Barden are proud to be partnering with the Financial Controller and the MD of an Irish SME business headquartered in Cork. They currently have an opening on their team for a bright, ambitious accountant who would like to get involved in decision making and would genuinely enjoy a role with a commercial focus. This is an opportunity where the right person will make an impact on the strategic direction of the business.
“We’re looking for people who possess a sense of curiosity. Curiosity is one of the most valuable attributes that corporate employees can own. A curious employee will get under the skin of our company and find ways of improving the business in order to ensure the company continues to move forward.”- Managing Director
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The role in question is hugely varied but will broadly include the following:
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts within prescribed deadline
- Preparing weekly Management Meeting Pack
- Prepare Daily, Weekly & Monthly KPI’s for the Business
- Assisting in the creation and delivery of Business Scoreboards and exception reports
- Providing analysis on the Stock file
- Assisting in the development of Business Reports
- Promptly carrying out due diligence on potential Customers & Suppliers
- Dealing with Revenue Returns, VAT, Intrastat etc
- Assisting in the roll out of a new ERP System.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Qualified accountant or similar qualification with a minimum of 3 years working in a similar role in either practice or industry.
- Ideal candidate must have excellent knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Strong technical accounting ability.
- Hardworking, detailed oriented and results focused.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to act on own initiative.
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.