Barden are partnering with our client, a highly successful Irish indigenous agri- business in Tipperary to help them to identify an Assistant Financial Controller to work closely with and support the Financial Controller on this close-knit and friendly finance team.
Due to considerable growth the business has identified a need to strengthen the finance team with this key appointment in finance.
With room to grow within the company, the ideal person for this role will be someone with a strong interest in/knowledge of agriculture & farming
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Prepare monthly accounts for entities & reporting process on monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Approve accounting transactions & reconciliations
- Preparation and filing of VAT returns
- Present financial reports to the Financial controller/directors & highlighting relevant information/observations on the finance side
- Assisting in the resolution of day to day issues impacting the finance function
- Maintaining ledger integrity
- Ensure compliance with all regulations & filing requirements
- Maintaining & improve existing internal controls related to accounting and financial reporting and develop controls on policies, procedures & controls
- Assist in preparing grant applications and applications for Research & Development Tax credits with the senior management team.
- Communicate with all personnel in the business to manage documentation requirements
- Lead/ Assist directors on key projects
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Nearly Qualified, Finalist or Qualified Accountant
- Confidence working closely with and presenting to Senior Management
- Eagerness to take ownership for entities and interest in the business
- Strong IT & Excel skills
- Experience working in owner managed business would be highly desirable
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.