Barden are delighted to be working with a client of ours on a key leadership role on their Buying/ Planning team. This is an opportunity to be a pioneering influence on the team and define the strategic direction of the team to meet the businesses needs during an exciting period of growth.
This role involves leading and developing a team, make systems & process improvements to optimise operations and take ownership of this area of development within this company.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Manage the buying/planning team, guiding, delegating responsibility and motivating the team to maximise potential- including regular one to ones, strategy meetings, etc
- Ensure maintenance of robust processes within the Buying / Planning team to meet production requirements
- Develop and improve processes with the aim of being “Best in Class”.
- Responsible for aligning the Buying / Planning team with Supply Chain Consultants in relation to the manufacturing plan
- Review & define appropriate raw material safety stock levels
- MRP process owner
- Defining safety stock levels, identifying and managing areas of risk
- Build and develop relationships with other key stakeholders across the business as well as pioneer the strategic direction for the buying planning team.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Circa 5 years of Supply Chain experience
- Relevent Qualification in Supply Chain would be a plus
- A strong communicator with the ability to influence, build relationships, assess what needs changing or fixing and develop a strategy around this
- MRP/ SAP experience
- New Product Introduction experience is an advantage.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to set short, medium and long-term goals and lead and motivate your team to deliver on key strategic objectives
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.