An Irish professional body, based in Smithfield, have asked Barden to assist in identifying a Credit Controller to join their finance team on a temporary basis. Reporting to the Finance Manager, this role will be responsible for the accounts receivable and credit control function for all companies within the group.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a member’s key point of contact within finance, the successful candidate should have the ability to prioritize and manage a challenging workload whilst maintaining a high level of customer service. The key day to day activities will include:
- Responsible for billing of all services including annual subscriptions, monthly services and rents;
- Dealing with members queries in both a timely, approachable and professional manner;
- Accepting payments in person, over the phone and by post including managing the collection of direct debits;
- Reporting on Aged Debtors and proactively manage debt collection;
- Attendance at Library sub-committee meetings and complete follow up actions;
- Preparation of bad debt provision in conjunction with Finance Manager;
- Assist in ad hoc duties within the finance department as required.
ABOUT THE PERSON
- Must have 5 years’ relevant experience;
- A strong team player but be able to work on own initiative when required;
- Be able to work to tight deadlines with excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Systems especially MS Excel and MS Word and knowledge of an accounts package would be an advantage.
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.