A newly created opportunity for an EMEA Tax Manager has arisen within a US software group located in Dublin north. This opportunity will be for an initial 12 months with possibility for extension.
Reporting into the EMEA Tax Director also based in Dublin, the role will be a hands on role with involvement in direct tax compliance and tax accounting. You will also be heavily involved in tax audits and tax planning initiatives for the EMEA group.
About the position
- Manage and review the US GAAP accounting prepared by external advisors for the group’s EMEA entities
- Prepare and review the local statutory tax provision prepared by external advisors
- Review all direct tax filings prepared by external advisors and prepare tax filings for entities which aren’t outsourced to external advisors
- Support tax audits and liaise with relevant tax authorities and external tax advisors in this regard
- Engage in cross functional tax and business initiatives
- Participate in tax aspects of legal entity rationalisations
- Implement tax process improvements including changes in ERP systems as they impact tax
About the person
- A qualified tax professional and ideally qualified accountant.
- Strong corporate tax experience with at least 5 years experience gained in practice or industry
- The ability to work a hands on role, extract information and analyse data for tax purposes
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work in a cross functional organisation and across multiple jurisdictions
- Team player with the ability to work on own initiative in a fast paced environment
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.