A global organisation with a footprint in over 100 countries and world leader in its field are looking to recruit a European tax specialist to join the tax team based in Dublin. The group have major growth plans over the next 5 years and expect to increase its turnover substantially, through organic growth & acquisitions. As a result of this and continued tax legislative changes across Europe and the US, the European Tax Specialist will have a unique and diverse role in helping the group achive its growth plans and implementing strategies to reduce the overall tax burden.
About the position
- Ensuring compliance of the group’s European legal entities including corporate tax return preparation & filing & statutory financials
- Assistance with Revenue Audits
- Transfer Pricing documentation preparation
- Year end tax accounting & quarterly tax reporting
- Managing cross-border intercompany transactions
- Monitoring local country ETR against notional standard rates and explaining variances
- Supporting tax planning strategies and identifying new opportunities and exposures
- Support on tax aspects of acquisitions, divestitures, and structured financial transactions
- Develop relationships with local and international tax advisors
About the person
- This is an ideal opportunity for a tax professional coming from a reputable practice or industry with at least 3-4 years experience. There is flexibility to the tax specialism of the person (corporate, VAT etc) provided the person has a genuine interest in business taxes and possesses a strong commercial acumen.
- Hard working with a strong sense of humour
- Team player with good attention to detail
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.