Barden have been exclusively retained by a Dublin City Centre Tech business to find a Finance Director for their Dublin based international finance team. The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with circa 10 years PQE in a similar industry, with ERP implementation experience, PE experience and the ability to manage a strong team through a period of significant growth.
‘We are a rapidly growing high-tech business and need a strong Finance Director to support the Group CFO and to provide leadership and operational improvements to the Irish and European finance teams’ – Group CFO
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Finance Director will report to the Group CFO (US based) and be responsible for financial reporting, process improvements, treasury and tax. As this is a number 2 position to the Group CFO at a time of significant growth by acquisition, there will also be a definite commercial element to this role.
This role, based in Dublin with little travel, will suit an ambitious qualified accountant with circa 10 years PQE. You will be technically strong and have excellent experience in progressively senior roles, preferably in the IT/software/SaaS/IoT/telco industry. You will work closely with the CFO and be involved in the following:
- Lead and develop the Group Financial Controller and their team.
- Ultimately responsible for all aspects of financial reporting, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts management and approval.
- Lead the Financial Reporting function in the business; with responsibility for delivery of period end financial reporting package and management accounts and coordination of all statutory filings.
- The management of all finance operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy of the business.
- Monitoring of financial performance by measuring and analysing results; initiating corrective actions; minimising the impact of variances.
- Management of Group and statutory audits across all entities and responsibility for ensuring these are completed to the required timescales.
- Responsibility for Treasury and Tax function.
- Ad hoc projects as required.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Professional Accounting qualification – ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA or equivalent with 10+ years relevant PQE
- Knowledge & experience of US GAAP & IFRS accounting, local compliance & tax regulations.
- International experience preferably with reporting experience in other European countries.
- IT/SaaS/Internet of Things and/or retail experience
- Experience in leading, managing and developing a team is essential
- Strong systems skills with ERP implementation experience an advantage
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage well through ambiguity and adapt quickly to change.
- Strong desire to take ownership with an ability to follow through to completion.
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.