Barden have been engaged by a major Irish business to identify top talent to lead their Financial Operations Team.
The Financial Operations Manager’ role will be to deliver on the financial processing, manage the day to day relationship with the outsourced Accounting Team and to ensure that the finance team are delivering to the business.
Responsibilities will vary, depending on the role, but include:
- Responsible for the day to day management of the finance processing teams – ensuring the finance standards and processing are being adhered to
- Development of and ensuring adherence of the finance policies and procedures by the teams
- A strong focus on process improvement and quality to ensure efficiency gains
- Ensure the finance business service levels are achieved
- Ensuring process adherence and overseeing the quality of delivery
- Staff management, coaching, developing and managing team members
- Ownership of issue resolution and escalation management
- Business operational planning with key managers to plan for growth
- Provide the operational and management reporting
- Responsible for supporting quality programs
- Allocating resources and responsibilities across the team to deliver business results and develop team members
- Responsibility for maintaining and developing key client relationships
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Relevant qualification, ACA or equivalent with 6+ operational finance management experience
- Proven leadership experience in managing a large team to deliver results
- Previous experience in managing an outsourced provider to deliver the desired quality and results
- Demonstration of ability to meet service levels
- Proven experience in development and implementation of operational policies and procedures
- High degree of organisational skills
- Ability to be flexible by adapting quickly to changing priorities.
- Proven experience in co-ordinating and collaborating with business teams to drive required decisions and outcomes.
- Initiative and a proactive approach, balanced with strong business acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a commitment to professional and service excellence, and build good working relationships.
- Excellent business acumen
“We are undergoing a significant and market-leading Finance Transformation Project at the moment, so it is an exciting time for ambitious professionals to join the business, and come with us on this journey. We place a real emphasis on ensuring people fit with our vibrant, innovative and collaborative culture” – Group Financial Controller
Working across all business types, but exclusively within the tax, accounting & finance community, Barden exists to share bespoke advice, guidance and support at each step of your career.