Barden is delighted to be working exclusively with a leading SME business headquartered right here in Cork city. This established retail business is seeking a Financial Accountant to join their growing finance team.
“I am delighted to say the business is in a strong position currently and we are looking for someone who will assist us in bringing it through the next phases of growth” – Managing Director
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This role provides an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to gain valuable experience in building their career in a fast-paced environment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Review of financial statements and trial balance
- Budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis
- Assisting with internal and external audits and liaising with the external auditors to ensure timely completion of same
- VAT return preparation
- Bank account reconciliation
- Ad-hoc duties and payroll support as required.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Qualified accountant
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience is essential
- Previous experience with monthly management account preparation
- Experience working with ERP systems is preferred
- Strong technical knowledge and attention-to-detail
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative
- Excellent communication skills.
For more information, please get in touch with Siobhán Sexton in Barden.
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.