Our client, a leading multinational IT business based in Cork, is seeking a Financial Accountant for a 6-month contract. The business has a flat organisational structure and therefore encourages their people to influence decision making and make an impact on the business. Ireland forms a global hub for this business and they encourage internal opportunity and progression locally and internationally within the organisation. The role in question will be quite varied but will broadly include the following.
The Financial Accountant will be part of a team of 4 other Financial Accountants. Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Preparing Financial Statutory accounts for a number of entities.
- Support the financial audit process and liaison with auditors as required.
- Assisting with the month-end close, which includes reporting financial performance to head office, reconciliation and analysis of all material Profit and Loss, and Balance sheet accounts. In addition, there may also be various tax and compliance exposure and other ad hoc projects.
“We’re looking for people who possess a sense of curiosity. Curiosity is one of the most valuable attributes that corporate employees can own. A curious employee will get under the skin of the business and find ways of improving of improving and moving the company forward.”- Head of Finance
- Qualified accountant or similar qualification with a minimum of two years working in a similar role in either practice or industry.
- Ideal candidate must have strong analytical skills along with excellent attention to detail.
- Hardworking, detailed oriented and results focused.
- Experienced in month and year-end general ledger accounting, statutory compliance and statutory accounts as well as systems work and GAAP reporting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical accounting ability
Working across all business types, but exclusively within the accounting & finance community, Barden exists to share bespoke advice, guidance and support to accountants along each step of their career journey.