Barden is supporting a multinational FMCG business in identifying a highly commercial accountant to join the team. Excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys business partnering and wants to be close to the business.
- Assist project leads in the formulation of cost estimates and the phasing of cash flows;
- Perform ROI and NPV analysis on key projects where productivity benefits exist;
- Prepare business cases for group approval with respect to key projects;
- Participate in the project tender and vendor selection process and liaising with the relevant stakeholders;
- Category management of projects in line with group strategy;
- Monitor projects within the plan from planning stage to completion;
- Track progress of spend versus plan and cost estimate;
- Provide accurate and timely analysis of actuals and forecast and provide insights for decision making;
- Analyse spend variances against scope and identify potential cost increases compared with budget;
- Maintain rolling forecast and rolling depreciation plan and provide updates to group;
- Identify opportunities for optimisation and track re-allocation of spend vs budget;
- Prepare and provide reliable forecast of payments to support the cash-flow and preparation of balance sheet forecast;
- Perform analysis of project implementation vs plan;
- Assist Fixed Asset Accountant with the transfer of WIP assets to the Fixed Asset Register;
- Validate classification and valuation of capital assets in the Fixed Asset register;
- Verification of the accounting for additions, acquisitions and disposals.
- Provision of financial support to senior management group as required;
- Preparation of presentations for CFO and other Senior Management reviews as required.
THE IDEAL PERSON:
- Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with 2-3 years’ PQE;
- Experience within the FMCG, manufacturing or construction sector would be a distinct advantage;
- Excellent communication skills with ability to develop relationships at all levels of the business;
- Knowledge of investment appraisal techniques would be advantageous;
- Strong financial modelling;
- Knowledge of SAP desirable.
Get in touch with Lisa Hughes to have a confidential discussion.
Working across all business types, but exclusively within the accounting, finance & tax community, Barden exists to share bespoke advice, guidance and support to professionals along each step of their career journey.