Barden has exclusively partnered with a high growth, Irish FMCG brand to appoint a Financial Controller to take on a key role in the team…
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting directly to the Finance Director, to develop a high performing finance function that enables the business to deliver its ambition to become an unassailable brand on a global scale. This role is a broad mix of financial control, commercial finance and business partnering.
This is a fantastic opportunity to influence and shape the development of the finance function, establishing processes and reporting that enables first class business partnering. This role has a genuine opportunity for career progression and the successful person will have the ability to shape their future career.
“I’m keen to hire someone with the right balance of smarts, commercial acumen and influencing skills to ensure the success of this role and fit for the business. This role is integral to our growth on an international level so it’s a key appointment for us “ Finance Director
Key responsibilities include:
- Monthly close process that accurately reflects the performance of the business
- Design and implement processes and controls across the business
- Develop a high performing finance team that helps the business deliver on ambitious growth targets.
- Cashflow management
- Tax compliance
- Develop a robust commercial reporting suite for the business
- Perform analytical review of financial results to identify trends and variances
- Support the Budget process including scenario planning.
- Commercial finance support to the business as required
- Build strong/effective relationships across all functions
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Qualified accountant with a proven track record
- People management experience or keen to step up to a managerial role
- Ability to build good working relationships and challenge with assertiveness and tact.
- Strong commercial acumen and influencing skills
Working across all business types, but exclusively within the accounting, finance & tax community, Barden exists to share bespoke advice, guidance and support to professionals along each step of their career journey.