Barden are exclusively supporting an established SME business in identifying a Financial Controller. This business is moving onto the next stage and the newly created role will focus on supporting the leadership team. A rare opportunity to create your own mark on a finance function while playing an instrumental role into the day to day running of the business.
“We have created an environment where we are now poised to capitalise on our recent success in a sustainable manner. The business is in a strong position and we are looking for someone who will join us on our journey bringing the company to the next level” – Managing Director
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The position of financial controller will consist of taking control of the day to day operations of the finance department and will focus on financial and business reporting, financial process implementation, internal control and corporate matters. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced dynamic accountant to get commercially involved in a business environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including analysing and investigating variances
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Overall responsibility for taxation matters (PAYE, VAT, RCT, etc.)
- Annual budgeting and forecasting process
- Statutory reporting and liaising with external auditors
- Reporting on project completion and liaising with other key stakeholders within the business
- Continuous improvement of financial reporting processes
- Maintaining a strong internal control environment
- Provide guidance to accounting and clerical staff by coordinating activities
- Other ad hoc projects and duties as required
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Fully Qualified Accountant with minimum 5 years PQE
- A strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Possess a positive attitude and ability to act on own initiative
- Industry knowledge a distinct advantage
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.