Unique opportunity for a junior accountant to join a global retail business setting up European operations in Ireland.
The business has a strong mission and culture while also encouraging flexible working hours. They facilitate all employees to stay active and involved with their own activity or sport, and support flexible ways of working to facilitate this.
Employees are empowered to interact with their product range, bringing their passion for their respective sport to work, and making meaningful suggestions to the Innovation teams for product development.
The role will join the team and play a key part in Fixed Asset analysis as well as broader accounting responsibilities.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Working closely alongside the finance function, you will support the Senior FA & GL Accountant where some of the main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Design and monitor controls for the Fixed Asset process;
- Manage the Fixed Asset Register in full and report on completion of projects,
- Analyse treatment of expense and post corrective journals where needed,
- Calculation of depreciation and regular review of the obsolescence of fixed assets
- Assistance with the audit in relation to fixed assets
- Various accounting activities such as month end, reporting, manual journal entries, and reconciliations.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a similar role;
- A degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Good problem solving and general ledger reconciliation skills;
- Strong excel skills including proficiency in pivot table, vlookup, intermediate formulas;
- A can-do attitude with an eagerness to learn;
- Keen interest in sport and being active with frequent participation.
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.