A leading multinational manufacturing company in Cork have engaged Barden to identify an ambitious Operations Finance Analyst. This role has arisen due to the company’s continued expansion. It is very much a costing role and the successful candidate will have full remit to make it their own with opportunities to progress within the finance team in time.
“We have one of the top manufacturing finance teams in Ireland. We’re not just looking for someone to take a job here, we’re looking for someone who can be a future leader in our organisation”. European FC
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Responsible for inventory accounting for production at the manufacturing facility. Responsibilities include:
- Accounting for inventory valuation including material purchases, overhead absorption and contract manufacturing costs;
- Develop an understanding of material flow at bulk manufacturing through to fill/finish stage to ensure accuracy of inventory values;
- Ensure correct accounting for buy and sell agreements and all intercompany inventory transactions;
- Monitor production plans across manufacturing to ensure accurate inventory valuation and completeness of overhead absorption.
- Evaluate components of inventory balances for obsolescence and excess materials and determine need for inventory reserves;
- Work with the cost accounting and ERP teams to identify and introduce process enhancements to improve efficiency.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Qualified accountant;
- 3-5 years accounting experience in a manufacturing business;
- 3+ years of cost accounting experience;
- Experience with US GAAP desirable.
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.