A leading retail business, based in the heart of City Centre, have asked Barden to assist in identifying a Payroll Administrator to join their supportive and close-knit finance team. This is a 12-month contract with a strong view to permanency that will provide the opportunity to have a hands-on approach in a busy and fast-paced environment with responsibility for delivering payroll across the business.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Inputting weekly and monthly payroll data for all stores while adhering to timing deadlines with the outsourced payroll service provider;
- Liaising with store HR departments ensure consistent and accurate flow of information to payroll;
- Completion of all payroll changes;
- Working closely with third-party data providers to ensure the accurate and timely flow of information to payroll;
- Completing social welfare, loss of earnings and other forms required by employees;
- Ensuring that all payroll records are filed correctly and deal with internal / external auditors as required;
- Manual payslips calculation and adjustment process through payroll entries;
- Monitoring revenue and legislative updates relevant to payroll;
- Preparing month end reconciliations and payroll journals that are required by the Finance department as part of the overall month end process;
- Preparation of monthly third-party payments and files e.g. Pension, Healthcare, Union, SAYE);
- Assisting the Payroll Manager with necessary payroll audits and ad-hoc duties.
“We work in one of the most fast-paced and thriving industries in Ireland, and this position would suit someone who is looking to gain exposure and progress in a busy and collaborative inhouse payroll team.” –Finance Director
ABOUT THE PERSON
- Circa 1-2 years’ experience working in payroll;
- IPASS qualification is desirable;
- Previous experience dealing with high volume payrolls within tight deadlines;
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy;
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written;
- Ability to work on their own initiative and self-motivated, able to manage own work load.
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.