A leading pharmaceutical company in Cork has engaged Barden to identify a qualified accountant to join their expanding business. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to build their career in progressive SSC environment.
“We have one of the top pharma finance teams in Ireland. We’re not just looking for someone to take a job here, we’re looking for someone who can be a future leader in our organisation”. European FC
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Responsible for the General Ledger accounting for one or more entities
- Maintains appropriate internal controls and upholds company policies and procedures
- Responsible for review and posting of month-end close and accounting transactions; P&L and balance sheet account analysis, review, reconciliation and resolution
- Responsible for the accounting and reporting requirements under U.S. and local GAAP
- The development of strong relationships with key stakeholders across EMEA, APAC and US.
- Contribution to the definition of service standards and continuous management of service level agreements
- Contribution to the definition of key performance indicators and the establishment of a continuous improvement culture
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and supports quarter-end, interim and year-end audits by providing timely and accurate data and communication
- Evaluates processes and recommends and implements process improvements
- Responsible for supporting and preparation of the Statutory Accounting Activities for one or more entities.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly reporting packs.
- Ability to travel is necessary
THE IDEAL PERSON
- Big 4 qualified Accountant
- 3 years PQE and ideally experience working in a Shared Service Centre is an advantage
- Experience with US GAAP and Oracle is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – the ability to work effectively across multiple functions and different cultures
- A commitment and focus on customer and delivering on the service commitments
- An effective team player, who demonstrates excellent leadership and negotiation skills
- A clear, fast thinker, able to translate business needs into pragmatic solutions and implement them.
- The ability to speak a foreign language would be an advantage.
Working across all business types, but exclusively within the accounting, finance & tax community, Barden exists to share bespoke advice, guidance and support to professionals along each step of their career journey.