A unique opportunity has opened within a growing accounting firm in Cork. The firm offer a range of services to clients, mainly global clients within the Financial Services Industry.
The firm is going through a growth phase and this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced accountant with a background in Financial Services/Funds to utilise their skills and knowledge in an advisory capacity OR for a accountant with experience auditing Financial Services clients to use their skills in a different way and develop their experience in Financial Reporting.
What’s involved in the role?
This role involves assisting clients with financial reporting, tax compliance, investor reporting etc. and providing solutions as required. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring high quality service provided to all clients.
In particular the Accountant will assist with the following;
- Reviewing financial statements in accordance with GAAP or IFRS
- Working closely with clients and their auditors, providing information as required
- Leading a team of 2-3 staff, ensuring efficient planning and preparation
- Responding to ad-hoc queries from clients as they arise
- Working closely with senior members of the organisation with business development
About the person:
- A qualified accountant, with min. 3-4 years of experience
- Experience working in an accounting firm and within funds or other financial institution would be advantageous
- Experience in financial reporting and good attention to detail
- An ambitious, self-starter who enjoys being client-facing would be best suited to this role
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.