Barden are partnering with a rapidly expanding renewable energy business to identify an experienced Senior Accounts Payable Specialist to come on board and play a key part in the finance function.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Group Finance Manager, this is a key role in the finance team that requires previous accounts payable experience to oversee and maintain the accounts payable function.
- Management of the accounts payable mailbox including reviewing and processing invoices;
- Posting of invoices to vendor accounts to ensure costs are allocated and coded appropriately;
- Preparation of monthly payment runs;
- Monthly close including preparation of bank reconciliations, creditor reconciliations and maintenance of the creditor’s ledger;
- Preparation of VAT returns for Irish and UK companies;
- Supporting the group finance team with the setting up and maintenance of appropriate accounts payable controls and processes;
- Working closely with the group finance team to support the internal and external audit processes;
- Assisting with any other ad hoc duties on the team as required.
“We’re at a significant juncture now in our business given the extent of change happening as we expand internationally. With this, we’re very excited to welcome a new member into the finance team who can take the reins with this role and assist us with the development of new process and procedures” –Group Finance Manager
ABOUT THE PERSON
- At least 3 years’ experience working in an accounts payable department;
- Strong understanding and experience of accounts payable controls and processes;
- Strong organisation, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience with Sun Systems accounting package an advantage.
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.