An excellent opportunity has arisen for an ambitious accountant to join a forward-thinking finance team. There is a broad remit with this role and close working relationships with strategic business units across Europe and the Middle East. This role is financial accounting and reporting driven but with project and analysis work also available.
“We are looking for someone smart and ambitious who will constantly challenge our thinking, our processes and will make a big impact as we expand the business into new territories. This is an opportunity to get involved in senior management decisions that affect key stakeholders for one of the world’s most successful businesses” Senior Finance Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE
The core responsibilities will include:
- Conduct monthly, quarterly and yearly closing activities for European entities to US GAAP and local Stat requirements.
- Participate in monthly reviews of Balance Sheet and Income Statement.
- Business partnering with cross-functional stakeholders to implement new and efficient processes and effective controls.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives and implementation of best practices to ensure the finance team is consistently pushing the boundaries in terms of efficiency and accuracy.
- Conducting analysis of complex accounting issues.
- Co-ordinating external audit activities and regular liaison with 3rd parties regarding local statutory reporting
- Support broader operations in the achievement of key strategic goals
…and much more…….
ABOUT THE PERSON
- The ideal person will have 2-3 years PQE with Big 4 or Top 10 audit training. The company will also give strong consideration to Audit Managers/Senior Managers from Big 4 who have an appetite to build their career in industry.
- Strong US GAAP and Local GAAP (EMEA) experience is an advantage.
- Demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex accounting challenges in a fast paced environment.
- To thrive in this team you will need to have an excellent work ethic and be willing to go the extra mile for your colleagues each and every day
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.