The European Finance Director of a significant finance hub in Cork has asked Barden to identify a high calibre Program Manager to lead a significant change agenda across the global finance and accounting team. Reporting to the Global PMO this person will have a close business partnering relationship with the finance leadership teams locally and in country and lead a number of people but directly and indirectly on various initiatives.
“Our ability to evolve what we do and how we do it is central to our competitive advantage – this role is an absolutely pivotal seat in the emerging organisation. We’re looking for someone that prides themselves on their people skills and not just their project management skills – it’s this combination that will enable us to really make a difference together” – European Finance Director.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the companies products, business models &financial operations.
- Manage multiple complex and large scale projects from initiation through delivery.
- Act as the Finance Lead on implementations and upgrades related to Oracle.
- Ensure strong business case development for all project requests including calculation of return on investment (ROI), assessment of customer value or impact and criteria for measuring project success.
- Ensure appropriate finance resources available to work on approved programs/projects, working with functional leaders to achieve this
- Lead continuous process improvement by collaborating with stakeholders on design of new solutions that enhance business performance and achieve established goals.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple groups with competing priorities.
- Collaborate with other PMs on the team and across the organisation to identify and implement best practices.
- Interact with Project Sponsors, Project Stakeholders and multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver complex features.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner. Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have the companies success firmly in focus.
ABOUT THE PERSON
- 10 + years of experience in project management
- A relevant project management qualification or finance qualification would be an advantage
- Significant exposure to finance business transformation projects across large global organisations
- A passion for leading change, the ability to inspire others into action and the desire to make a difference.
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden 1st – your future is just too important to leave to chance.