An exciting opportunity has been created for a senior tax consultant to join the finance team of a well known and highly reputable wealth management advisory business.
Reporting to the group statutory and financial reporting team leader, you will be a key member within that team. Your primarily responsibility will be to design the group’s tax compliance plan for all tax heads and also deliver strategic tax advice including M&A advice. A strategic role as you will imput into the overall group strategy and work with the other finance and business leaders in the group in doing so.
An ideal role for a commercially minded tax consultant/recently promoted manager looking to get involved in other areas of finance.
About the position
- Work closely with team leaders, finance managers and advisors on formulating a compliance plan
- Liaise with external tax advisors and dealing with revenue authorities in Ireland and internationally
- Managing the transfer pricing aspects of the group and reviewing inter-company agreements
- Review of existing tax policies and identify improvements/new policies for group
- Manage the group’s strategic tax initiatives and support the plan and vision for the overall group strategy
- Provide advice to the finance team for upcoming tax changes, emerging trends and issues related to domestic and international tax
- Management of the tax and accounting compliance for performance pay arrangements including share based remuneration structures.
- Responsible for the governance and financial reporting around specific shareholder matters
- Fostering environment of continuous improvement and internal controls, automation to existing processes and financial systems
- Involvement in other ad hoc projects with finance manager
About the person
This opportunity would suit a strategic and commercially minded tax professional who can work in a collaborative, constantly changing & growing environment. A hugely rewarding environment it will suit an ambitious tax professional looking to make an impact and influence in a finance function.
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.