An opportunity has arisen for a supervisor to join the tax operations team of a global bank, based in Dublin city centre.
As tax supervisor, you will lead and direct all operational needs of the reporting team of Irish Tax Operations. This role involves managing staff workload, ensuring it is distributed appropriately and deadlines are achievable, managing Operational risk, financial control, development of the teams’ operational capabilities and to optimize operational efficiency.
About the position
- Lead on a daily basis your team and provide assistance and cover as required to ensure that your team is effectively managed, supporting the broader department and global Shared Services teams.
- Continuous review of costs (key efficiency indicators) ensuring optimal use of financial/people resources. Managing volume changes and changes in products and services.
- Ensure quality of service delivered by the tax operations team is in line with service level agreements in place while ensuring superior quality, timeliness and cost effectiveness of information delivery to internal and external clients.
- Provide procedural and technical support to employees ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of all tasks, while mitigating risk
- Ensure operational risk events (ORE’s) are kept to an absolute minimum and where occurring are not repetitive in nature. Ensure no ORE’s occur due to employee not correctly following process and procedure. Review and monitor any staff errors/oversights and recommend solutions/controls to eliminate/reduce ORE’s.
- Maintenance of satisfactory internal and external Audit / Regulatory / Risk Ratings and Reviews.
- Develop, propose and assist in implementing strategies to continually improve processes within the group.
- Maximizes the productivity of the Department through staff training and development activities: effective scheduling of personnel during high volume periods
About the person
- University Degree or equivalent work experience
- IOC – Investment Operations Certificate (Formally IAQ) or industry equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in motivating resources to create high-performing teams
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in the same or similar function.
- Demonstrated high level of experience of working within the Securities Industry
- Demonstrated high level of experience of working within the Corporate Actions, Income and Tax area
- Strong organizational, written and interpersonal communication skills are essential to operating as a leading member of a team that delivers world-class services
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliverables. Taking a leadership role in moving initiatives forward and removing obstacles
- Excellent understanding of Tax principals
- Excellent judgement at evaluating risk
- Excellent experience in problem-solving and decision-making activity
- Demonstrable experience in effectively dealing with customer service issues
- Demonstrable experience of the operations environment
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.