An exciting new opportunity for a tax consultant to join one of Ireland’s most successful and reputable property development companies in Ireland. A great place to learn with good structures and interesting work to get involved in, an ideal role for a first move post practice.
As tax consultant you will report to the head of tax and work closely with the finance team on a wide variety of matters for the group.
Some responsibilities include:
- Preparation of monthly corporation tax computations and income tax computations
- Working closely with finance to extract and analyst the information required to prepare the calculations
- Preparation of annual corporation ta returns and income tax returns and working closely with finance in this regard
- Preparation of VAT returns and RCT reviews
- Analysis of VAT treatment of the sale of investment properties
- Dealing with ad-hoc queries raised by the finance team
- Assisting in the design of reports generation by the finance function which form part of the groups internal control procedures
- Analysing reports generated by the finance function to ensure transactions are processed correctly from a tax perspective and identifying areas for improvement
- Supporting ad-hoc projects requiring tax input
- Liaise with external tax advisors and Revenue
About the person
- An ideal position for someone currently working in practice at recently qualified level with broad knowledge across accounting or tax
- Highly numerical with strong analytical skills
- An interest in tax, if no tax experience, is important
- A very strong team player with the ability to work well across multiple functions and across different levels of an organisation
Working across all business types, but exclusively within the accounting, finance & tax community, Barden exists to share bespoke advice, guidance and support to professionals along each step of their career journey.