A fantastic newly created opportunity for a tax manager to join the finance team of a growing Irish business, based in Dublin south. As tax manager you will play a key part of the future growth and significant international expansion plans of the business. A truly commercial role as you will work closely with the business to understand the challenges facing the group. You will devise solutions to manage the group’s tax matters and ensuring compliance with all tax reporting requirements.
This will suit a tax manager who’s down to earth, outcome-focused, pragmatic with high energy, motivated, flexible and curious. You will be able to cope with change and ambiguity. This is a significant opportunity for an ambitious individual who has a desire to make a contribution and to develop their career within an expanding company and market sector.
About the position
Reporting to the the group financial controller, responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for ensuring that the group complies with all relevant taxation obligations across the various jurisdictions in which it operates.
- Overseeing tax matters across all channels, including Income Tax, Corporation Tax, Transfer Pricing, VAT etc.
- Contribute to the Tax strategy for the Group and support expansion into new International markets.
- Ensure taxation processes are appropriately documented and reviewed.
- Provide inputs to annual Report and interim results
- Provide input to the Group’s risk register regarding taxation matters.
- Support external and internal taxation audits and implement any recommendations.
- Support M&A activities, as required
About the person
- Qualified tax professional from practice or industry with a minimum of 3 years pqe
- Experience with international tax issues and the ability to work with international advisors and stakeholders.
- Ability to project manage a number of internal and external stakeholders with the ability to explain tax issues to colleagues without a tax background in a meaningful and clear manner.
- Strong tax technical skills.
- A team player, while still having the ability to work on initiative to identify and help resolve tax issues facing the group.
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.