Here in Barden we are delighted to be partnering with a well-established Financial Services provider in West Cork in their search for an ambitious Accounting professional to join their finance team. An ideal opportunity if you enjoy a varied role with a broad range of activities as well as dealing directly with a variety of different stakeholders. This role is based 30 minutes west of Cork city. Hybrid model available also. Reporting directly into the CEO, there will be huge amount of support provided and ample learning opportunities.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Preparation of Monthly Management accounts including bank reconciliations and year end accounts
- Responsible for training of all new staff in the principles and operating functions needed in the preparation of financial reports
- Oversee preparation of financial/management accounts on an ongoing basis to ensure accurate recording and timely balancing of the audit process
- Liaise with both Internal and External Auditors in providing explanation and information as requested to ensure timely completion of the audit process
- Timely completion of quarterly and annual returns
- Liaise with Revenue and completion of necessary returns
- Ensure the running of all month and year end programs and where appropriate presentation of subsequently produced reports to management
- Retention of records falling within the areas of responsibility in compliance with current legislation
- Responsible for the payment of staff wages on agreed schedule
- Ensure that staff records are kept up to date and adherence to schedules in making returns to the relevant bodies
- Maintenance of the Returned Cheque register
- Support management in the implementation of board policies and directives
- Maintain a detailed fixed asset register which includes IT assets
- To attend training programmes and workshops
- To attend and contribute to meetings of such committees as may be directed by the Manager and the board of directors
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Qualified Accounting Technician or part-qualified Accountant (or qualified by experience)
- At least 3-4 years of relevant experience.
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.