We are delighted to be partnering with an organisation who are known for being a leader in their field to assist in the search for an Accounts & Payroll Assistant to join their dynamic team here in Cork. Based West of Cork city, this individual will be working closely with a skilled, approachable and welcoming mentor/Finance Manager and would be part of a team that is making a real impact in the construction industry in Cork. The role will be varied, with massive exposure including an opportunity to get stuck into Finance projects and process improvements.
Hybrid working arrangements available. This role is based halfway between Cork and Killarney and will be an initial 12 month contract.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Preliminary invoice approval checks and preparation of invoices for digital approval by manager
- Processing of all company invoices, complete by day 7 of monthly accounts cycle using Paperless Software
- Creditor reconciliations & accruals listing complete by day 8 of monthly accounts cycle
- Payment of suppliers on a weekly basis based on the reconciled supplier accounts and in line with agreed payment terms
- Dealing with supplier & invoice queries
- Processing of all subcontractor invoices and RCT procedures.
- Compliance with company cyber security, insurance checks and any other protocols in relation to payments
- Daily, weekly & monthly KPI reporting across a range of company operations.
Month End Processes
- Bank Reconciliations.
- Creditor Reconciliations
- Nominal Ledger management
- Credit Card Reconciliation
- General reporting to assist the month end process
- Payroll cover as required throughout the year.
- Timely and accurate processing of hours through Sage Payroll.
- Ad hoc duties as and when required
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- At least 2 years’ experience in an Part-qualified Accountant/ Accounts Assistant / Accounting Technician role desirable
- Enthusiastic, highly organised individual with a focus on results
- Strong Excel Skills and knowledge of Payroll packages an advantage
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.