Barden has partnered with a leading Irish energy business with a significant global footprint in identifying an Assistant Company Secretary to join the team. Working as part of the Dublin office with exposure to the global business, this is a busy and challenging position offering strong career development opportunities.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will support the Company Secretary and Group Compliance Manager in ensuring legal and governance compliance across the business group. This is a varied role offering exposure to all aspects of the global business and provides excellent opportunities within the Company Secretary & corporate governance function to gain multi-jurisdictional experience and experience a wide & varied workload.
This role is suited to a motivated individual who has strong corporate governance experience and wishes to pursue a path to becoming a senior company secretary.
- Supporting the Group Company Secretary and Compliance Manager on all aspects of group corporate governance compliance on a daily basis
- Assistance with company secretarial duties including drafting of board meeting minutes, board committee minutes, board and shareholder resolutions, preparation of CRO filings, and board and committee meeting arrangements
- Corporate documentation and file management to ensure that the database is updated at all times
- Responsibility for due diligence procedures
- Assistance with incorporation of new companies, liquidations/dissolutions and intergroup company re-organisations
- Co-ordination of documents requiring notarization, legalization and apostille and dealing with various consulates/embassies, the Dublin Chamber of Commerce and Dept of Foreign Affairs
- Supporting key transactions within the business
- Supporting with issuing of powers of attorney, share certificates and stock transfer forms
- Assisting with compliance training & workshops across the group and annual review of the group Code of Conduct
ABOUT THE PERSON
- Must have in excess of 3 years’ experience working in a corporate governance role, ideally in an in-house environment
- Excellent organizational, communication, written and interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Understanding of company secretarial responsibilities, including management of statutory registers and CRO filings
- Experience working with SharePoint and Microsoft office
*Full job description available.
Barden’s Legal recruitment practice is where legal professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your legal career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.