Barden are delighted to be working with a rapidly-growing multinational business, in the manufacturing sector, who are looking to hire an ambitious Assistant Financial Controller to join the team, initially on a 12 month contract basis.
Working within the company’s global finance centre, based in Cork and reporting to a high-calibre Director of Finance, this person will get huge exposure as part of a global team, working closely with key stakeholders on a wide range of activities, including project work.
“We are looking for someone that is curious, that will challenge the status quo and can see a better way of doing things. We will take the time to train this person in and it really is an opportunity for the long-term for the right person”– Hiring Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Responsible for review and posting of month-end close and accounting transactions for assigned entities;
- Responsible for the accounting and reporting requirements under US and local GAAP;
- Liaising with Finance Controllers globally and global finance teams on a variety of tasks including quarter-end reviews;
- Creating a culture of continuous improvement;
- Assisting with revenue recognition activities in a highly acquisitive business;
- Acting as a business partner to the wider finance team;
- Assisting with the audit and ensuring deadlines are met on a timely basis;
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects as required.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA or CPA) with 3+ years’ PQE;
- Strong technical skills and system experience (SAP experience is an advantage but not essential);
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work on your own initiative;
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel;
- Experience in introducing and implementing new systems and controls.
Please reach out to Siobhán Sexton in Barden (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.