Barden are delighted to be supporting our global client in their search for an Associate Director of Quality Control for their state-of-the-art start up biotech manufacturing campus in Limerick.
The Associate Director, Quality Control will be an integral part of the leadership team for the startup of their greenfield manufacturing site in Limerick and will have key responsibilities in the areas of GMP Compliance, People Management, Technical Excellence and Corporate/Site Strategy.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Provide leadership, direction and governance for the Limerick QCL facility.
- Recruit and develop team members to deliver scientific excellence in analytical sciences.
- Develop future leaders within the function and facility.
- Manage one of the QCL teams (Bioanalytical, Chemistry, Microbiological, or QCL systems and compliance) to ensure delivery of operational and scientific excellence.
- Specifically during the startup phase of the Limerick site (2023 to 2025) leadership will be expected to be a collaborative, inclusive, energetic leader and support the broader Limerick team to:
- Build the organization with the necessary capability, capacity and culture to operate this facility to the highest standards of excellence
- Develop and implement the systems and processes needed to run the site, leveraging existing knowledge and practices where necessary, but also incorporating external experiences and learning.
- Ensure regulatory compliance and operational excellence by supporting lean principles and a Digitally Native approach.
- Support the project team as they deliver the facility to the site team, by providing feedback and support on decisions and strategies etc. Collaborate with them to ensure the right decisions are made to meet project deliverables and longer-term strategic goals for the site.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- • BSc, MSc, or PhD in Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Engineering or related discipline
- • Management experience of a GMP QC laboratory is a distinct advantage
- • Experience in leadership of a cross functional team
Candidates must be an EU Citizen or hold a valid work permit/visa to be considered.