Barden are delighted to be working with a Global Investment Bank based in Ireland. Theya re looking for a strong Fund Accounting Manager to join their niche Share Class focused team. This role reports to the VP, and is responsible for client relationships, share class hedging and leading other team initiatives. You will be responsible for ensuring clients are looked after, and that their needs are met while adapting to the market and regulatory needs.
‘You will be joining a growing team whose focus is to provide comprehensive, established and industry leading service to all clients.’ Head of Fund Accounting
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Strong knowledge of fund accounting and share class hedging is key for this role.
- Understanding of fund structures, financial instruments, share class hedging methodologies and calculations, regulatory environment and funds industry for the funds managed on this team.
- Management and development of current and new client relationships.
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary remediation, escalating where necessary.
- Manage capacity within the team, ensuring optimum resource deployment
- Mentoring junior team members, agreeing goals, and completing performance appraisals
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products
- Lead projects and change requests to optimize operational efficiency and improve quality
ABOUT THE PERSON
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area – business, finance, accounting, etc.
- Around 5 years’ experience in Share Class Hedging or Fund Accounting, ideally some time as a people manager as well
- Numerical and analytical skills
- As well as fund accounting experience, client relationship experience is required.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Project management skills with the ability to multi-task is also a plus
Barden’s Financial Services recruitment practice is where FS professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your financial services career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.