Barden are very proud to be exclusively retained to identify a CFO for an international business operating within the Life Sciences sector. Our client is going through a period of significant growth and are looking to hire an ambitious, strategic, solution driven individual. This role would suit someone who has experience operating in Senior Leadership Teams. Partnering closely with the COO and reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for all financial matters and contributing towards the overall direction of the business.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity for an experienced CFO to join a team of high-performing professionals. Please get in contact with myself (firstname.lastname@example.org) or my colleague Caroline Frawley (email@example.com) to find out more about this rare opportunity.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Responsible, either directly or by managing staff, for all cash management, investments, insurance, budgeting, and financial reporting, helping to drive the company’s financial strategy and hiring needs.
- Coordinate the development of the annual operating, capital, and program budgets, and reporting against the same.
- Ensure cash flow is compatible with company operations, by overseeing the day-to-day accounting, recording, reporting, and internal control activities of the organization.
- Lead the development and use of best-practice policies, practices, and tools that ensure a well-controlled yet flexible organization with strong fiscal management, project management, cross team communications and workflow.
- Responsible for all local and international financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing compliance, and taking action.
- Manage finance personnel and oversee financial IT systems.
- Collaborating with the senior management team on all strategic matters.
- Research revenue opportunities and economic trends, analyse internal operations, identify areas of cost reduction and process enhancement.
- Perform risk management through analysis of company liabilities and investments, and evaluate and manage capital structure and fundraising initiatives.
- Oversee HR function, coordinating with external service providers (payroll, benefits, and general HR) and internal staff responsible for various aspects of HR.
- Own the monthly and annual closing processes in a timely and structured fashion.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics KPI’s, and Dashboards.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Qualified accountant with 10+ years of progressively responsible accounting experience.
- Leadership skills and excellent communication skills.
- International experience.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions, raising capital and investor relations.
- Executive experience with SaaS business models an advantage.
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.