ABOUT THE ROLE
Barden are delighted to be partnering with an Innovative Global Technology company that are right now launching a new Digital Financial Solution for their impressive Client portfolio. This Product represents a new departure for this organisation and will essentially be a ‘Start-up’ within an already established Tech Services Business with over 2,000 employees worldwide.
The successful candidate will inherit an already architected Database and a comprehensive hand-over / knowledge-transfer will take place. In fact, the engagement with those initially involved in the design work will be on-going. My client is an innovative Global Technology company are launching a new suite of cutting-edge Financial Management Software Products!
Reporting into the ‘European MD’, the ‘Cloud Database Architect’ will contribute to the long-term Product development strategy & be part of a Technology road-map which will include strategic discussions focused on Systems operations etc… You will be a key individual contributor to this new ‘Start-up’ venture for a client with a proven Product portfolio in other specialisms!
The role will regularly interface with the American division of my client’s business & will have both a strategic & operational focus!
It’s a great time to get involved with this client who have chosen Cork as their European HQ:
” I am focused on achieving a ‘Best-in-class’ suite of products for our discerning client base. The Database professional who joins our team will experience a flat-org structure which empowers employees to think outside the box when it comes to technology solutions” – European Managing Director
Responsibilities will include:
- Form an effective working partnership with talented Solution Architects and Information Security colleagues healthily challenging opinions for the betterment of the overall product offering.
- Be a key contributor to the on-going development of policies, procedures and standards for the database builds, administration, backups, security and auditing.
- Push the boundaries to put processes in place which will help build, maintain, and support a high-quality Database estate.
- From an operational point of view, you will ensure up-time and consistency of critical systems & databases!
- There will be lots of emphasis on the – Security, configuration, and implementation of enterprise databases.
ABOUT THE PERSON
- Ideally your background will include an exposure to all things ‘AWS’ & delivering SaaS solutions to Enterprise clients!
- You will be comfortable being a ‘Technical SME’ during important Tender activities as part of an overall Solution selling exercise to Corporate clients.
- It would add lots of value to your application if you worked within a fast-paced, highly transactional environment hitherto in your career.
- Strong knowledge of ISO industry standards is important.
- Experience working on – core Amazon Web Service (AWS) capabilities, – including Amazon RDS for MySQL (Clustering would be great), Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, & DynamoDB is advantageous.