Barden Cork are proud to be working with an established and hugely successful Irish retail business to identify an astute Commercial Accountant to join their finance team. This is an all-encompassing and diverse role where no two days are the same.
“This is an exciting time for the business due to rapid growth over the last couple of years. The team is continuously expanding and we are looking for somebody to join our team who wants to be involved in the businesses continued success and growth strategy.” – Financial Director
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Liaise closely with the senior leadership team on setting out the commercial strategy of the business.
- Monitor Sales & Margin performance against budgets and industry trends.
- Identify cost saving, efficiency opportunities and profit improving opportunities within the business.
- Lead the annual budgeting and forecasting process in line with the growth objectives of the business.
- Build financial models in conjunction with external parties to streamline and automate commercial processes to meet the current and future needs of the business.
- Finance lead on key projects across the business, ensuring commercial viability and smooth implementation of process improvement and technology projects.
- Management of the capital investment proposal and approval process.
- Management of the costing process for new store opportunities.
- Various ad hoc projects as they arise.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Qualified Accountant with 2/3 years PQE.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with financial modelling skills an added benefit.
- Excellent business acumen/commercial awareness with the ability to understand the key drivers of financial performance.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Proven experience in process improvement and change management
Please get in in touch with Marissa Maher in Barden (email@example.com) to discuss further.
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.