Unique opportunity for an accomplished senior compliance professional to join a market leading Fintech firm based in Cork. The Compliance Director will have a strong understanding and experience of managing all compliance and regulatory requirements/interactions (CBI, CSSF, FCA) standards and expectations A commercial acumen when supporting the business with client origination is key while a broad appreciation for current directives (specially with AML/KYC) and an ambition to put a stamp on the future shape of the compliance culture are just some of the benefits that come with this opportunity.
‘This is a key hire for our growing business. It’s an exciting offering for the Cork market providing a unique opportunity to the right person to effect real change on the compliance function and provide strong leadership in one of our most important functions.’ MD
ABOUT THE ROLE
· Commercially aware compliance expert with a proven ability to foster and build out robust working relationships at board level along with outsourced partners and regulatory bodies.
· Maintain relationships with regulatory bodies & represent the business
· Strong understanding of regulatory obligations
· Act as DPO by managing all data privacy and legal compliance queries received from any existing customers and clients
· Own the attainment of data protection, compliance and information security certifications
· Provide leadership to the Compliance team and help to manage prioritisation and allocation of resources
· Involvement in regulatory horizon scanning activity, tracking forthcoming regulatory change and assessing preparedness for compliance
· Oversee annual Compliance risk assessments identifying areas requiring Compliance attention.
· Keep informed of regulatory developments & review their impact on the company
· Study new international regulations and identify their application
· Working with the rest of the compliance function design, write and implement frameworks, policies, procedures, processes and systems
· Play a supporting role in maintaining strong and effective relationships with key regulators including the CBI and other regulators across Europe
· Monitoring, executing and reporting business risk management pursuant to direction from the Board of Directors.
· Providing support and assistance to compliance staff and other duties as required.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
+8 years’ experience within a Compliance/AML role.
· Excellent knowledge of Irish regulations with LUX & UK preferred
· Strong understanding certification programmes
· Previous Central Bank approval as a PCF12 or PCF15 an advantage
· Extensive regulatory knowledge: AML, KYC, Anti – Fraud, DPO, FinTech
Barden’s Financial Services recruitment practice is where FS professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your financial services career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.