Barden is partnering with a world leading biopharmaceutical services organisation looking to appoint a Compliance Director to lead and grow the compliance and risk management function in Ireland, in coordination with the global business compliance team.
The successful individual be responsible for establishing and maintaining a solid compliance program in Ireland and for serving as the subject matter expert on local compliance matters, collaborating with and providing guidance and advice to key stakeholders.
In this position, the initial focus will be on running a general risk assessment, taking into account the existing global compliance policies, processes and procedures, conducting a local gap analysis review, and coordinating with various functions and stakeholders to develop and implement the necessary local compliance framework.
Some of the role’s day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Developing a culture of compliance and delivering compliance focused training to local staff;
- Performing due diligence reviews on potential clients, suppliers or partners (including, for example, in the context of M&A);
- Identifying compliance risks and managing the processes particularly around anti-corruption matters, liaising with the investigations teams on such issues as required;
- Dealing and advising on matters of Trade Secret Protection, including government and customer inspection, investigations on information leakage, liaising with IT on the protection of confidential information, etc.;
- In collaboration with the internal Legal function and outside counsel, monitoring and ensuring local legal & regulatory compliance with matters such as data privacy and GDPR, export control and sanctions, antitrust and countervailing, conflicts of interest, etc.;
Full job spec available.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a compliance & risk management position similar to that described above;
- Ideally a background in Legal (including Compliance Lawyers), Compliance & Risk Management, Internal Audit, Compliance Investigations, or similar;
- Prior experience in life sciences, biotechnology or manufacturing is an advantage.
Hi, we’re Barden. We’re the Partner Led Talent Advisory & Recruitment Firm that puts Talent first. With practices across Accounting & Tax, Business Support, Financial Services, Legal, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, and Technology, we help build world-class teams for Ireland’s top companies and we help top Talent achieve their ambitions. Simple.