Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with a trusted market leader in wealth management and capital markets? The Compliance Manager will be responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring and managing compliance within the business and for clients.
‘This is a key hire who will be reporting into Head of Compliance with three direct reports. It’s a growth position with some of the priority functions of the role being Central Bank inspections, AML inspections, engaging with regulators (CB, European regulators) and dealing with a broad range of client types.’ Head of HR.
ABOUT THE ROLES:
- Maintain relationships with regulatory bodies & represent the business.
- Providing advice and assistance on compliance including AML requirements.
- Communicate, interpret and implement all policies & procedures.
- Preparing/Presenting reports for Directors and the Head of Compliance.
- Collaborating and liaising with regulatory authorities and other external parties as well as with internal stakeholders as relevant.
- Finding potential areas of compliance weakness, creating action plans for resolution and providing guidance through the process to mitigate risk.
- Help to support the performance monitoring of outsourced providers..
- Maintaining, updating and overseeing an effective compliance program.
- Monitoring changes in applicable laws and regulations and providing guidance to companies in relation to implementation.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Relevant 3rd level Degree (Business, Finance, Law or equivalent)
- Compliance qualification (LCOI) Preferred
- 5+ years working in a compliance role, ideally in a MiFID firm or UCITS/AIFM.
- Excellent knowledge of Irish regulations.
- A strong ability to recognise and assess risk.
- Analytical approach and attention to detail with good organisational skills are important.
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritise workloads & meet deadlines, Ability to manage, motivate and develop a team.
- Strong communication skills.
In Barden FS we’re the experts in Financial Services recruitment; the people financial services professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.
Barden’s Financial Services recruitment practice is where FS professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your financial services career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.