Here in Barden Cork, we are delighted to be working with one of our clients, a homegrown Cork company with international offices who have a brand new permanent opportunity for a Payroll Specialist to join their Finance Team.
Joining as part of a small team that is growing due to both headcount in the company growing hugely and upcoming projects, this position will be working very closely with the Payroll Manager.
This opportunity involves working with both end to end Irish and international payroll and you will also have the opportunity to be part of automation projects and moving to a new Payroll provider.
You will be working closely with Accounting and HR and can take a lot of ownership in this role.
This company are known for their culture, for promoting from within where possible and for having a really exciting growth trajectory over the past few years and further projected growth over the coming years.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Assisting in the timely processing of payroll, calculating salaries/ variances etc
- Liaising with outsource Payroll providers
- Processing some payrolls in house
- Preparing reports, summarising & collating information for Accounting/ HR Department as required.
- Preparing ledgers for the different entities
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Other ad-hoc duties, month-end and year end tasks as required.
- Exercise discretion, integrity and confidentiality in all payroll matters.
- Ensuring compliance at all times
ABOUT THE PERSON
- Payroll experience
- Understanding of Accounting
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy;
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written;
- Self-motivated, able to manage own work load.
- Ability to problem-solve
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.