ROLE: End-User-Compute (Operations & Collaboration) Leader
LOCATION Cork / Hybrid
Barden are delighted to continue working with a Global organization with a significant presence here in Cork.
The Hiring Manager in this instance is essentially seeking a ‘Site Lead for Networking Operations’ here in Cork.
You’ll be responsible for all operational aspects of End-User-Compute (EUC) and Collaboration Technologies.
The successful candidate will be passionate about empowering and mentoring a high-performing team unit.
As such, it will come naturally to you to create an operational vision, clear direction, and strategy for the team. You will Lead and enable enterprise-wide thinking in the team.
This position requires working with key Engineering units, vendors, business partners along with MSPs to ensure both – the successful operation planning execution and support required to manage and continuously improve modern workplace technology operations to enable business productivity and enhance the user experience.
This role offers a Six-figure salary (and attractive Benefits / Bonus package) and very flexible working arrangements with some weekly visits to their strategic Cork site.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- The successful candidate will be given the scope to lead all operational aspects of EUC, digital workplace & collaboration technology including – SOP, operational runbook, RACI, defining user device standards and policies (in partnership with Engineering leadership), user device lifecycle management, collaboration solutions, voice solutions, mobility solutions and video conferencing solutions .
- Work consistently to ensure effective communication and updates for Operational Activities including tactical and strategic plans, Major Incidents, and requirements relating to stability and resiliency.
- You’ll oversee Endpoint management and patching to ensure security and availability, while minimizing the potential impact on the ‘Colleague experience’.
- Closely collaborate with Asset Management to Monitor and optimize digital workplace technology software licenses and entitlements.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- The successful candidate will be comfortable acting as a key influencer and Stakeholder manager, overseeing key relationships with Third-part vendors and internal IT Operations teams.
- Have a good track record of establishing capacity, performance & availability of KPI Metrics for EUC Operations.
- Be adept at developing and managing the enterprise EUC & Collaboration Operational budget for maintenance, and operating costs
- Your profile will show how you have worked across IT infrastructure services and operations environments
- Ideally you’ll also have experience with – Cloud, Web and/or Networked computing environments (Microsoft 365, Windows Server and Desktop, Active Directory, Azure, etc.)
- Skills with Microsoft 365, laptop hardware (Windows 10, macOS) iOS and Android devices, Citrix Workspace.
*Please note that our client can only engage with candidates who are EU Citizens or possess a full & currently valid Stamp 4 visa for this position
Barden’s IT recruitment practice is where IT professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your IT career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.