Barden is delighted to be partnering with a healthcare solutions and services company looking to hire an ambitious individual to join them as an ESG specialist.
ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) is critical for the organisation (including diversity, equity and inclusion) and runs across all lines of business, with the involvement of senior management.
You will support the Head of ESG with the implementation of the company’s Sustainability Strategy, including with the following:
- Develop a Sustainable Procurement program in alignment with the ESG strategy;
- Manage the administration of the carbon offsetting process;
- Ensure the company’s compliance with the EU Energy Efficiency Directive and the UK’s Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS), as well as with certain ESG reporting frameworks including the Taskforce of Climate Related Change (TCFD) and the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI);
- Assist with the delivery of specific programmes, projects, and initiatives to achieve the ESG goals and metrics;
- Support the preparation of the annual Sustainability Report;
- Assist with the organisation of community initiatives.
This role will fit someone ideally with circa 2-3 years’ experience in a legal or compliance role who has a keen interest in ESG and sustainability. The company will also consider people with a different background, such as procurement, who also share that passion and who have a strong understanding of the interpretation and implementation of regulation/legislation.
The successful individual will be a people person, an excellent communicator, with the ability to create relationships and allies and work very collaboratively at all levels in the organisation.
Barden’s Legal recruitment practice is where legal professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your legal career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.