Here in Barden we are delighted to be partnering with a leading multinational employer in Cork in their search for a Financial Analyst to join their rapidly expanding business. Your role will be wide ranging and will evolve further over time as the business continues to grow.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide analytical support to EMEA Operations Finance, Supply Chain and Logistics teams. The support will include reviewing operating budgets, monthly forecasts and actual results for the warehouses and distribution costs.
As a Finance Business Partner, you will be the finance contact for several stakeholders/entities. This position will report directly to the Operations Finance Manager and will collaborate with key stakeholders in Operations and Supply Chain, as well as the Finance team and the Operations Finance Centre.
- Foster a strong business partner relationship with Supply Chain, Procurement and Logistics functions and with sub-functions within the Finance organisation
- Prepare monthly forecast reports for manufacturing variances linked with 3rd party warehouse transactions, monitor financial performance,understand, and explain root causes of variances versus budget, prior forecasts and prior year
- Secure that master data is correct and collaborate with Procurement to review and validate raw material purchase prices as the basis for high quality standard costs
- Develop SG&A operating budgets for Logistics and Supply Chain
- Support monthly close activities
- In cooperation with Supply chain teams, facilitate accurate inventory records for obsolescence and slow-moving stock reserves, including preparation of monthly account reconciliations, support in quarterly warehouse stock reconciliations against 3rd party quantity reports and yearly annual physical stock counts
- Participate in ad hoc projects in terms of process improvement
- Follow the internal control book procedures and support SOX and audit compliance
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in financial planning and analysis, product costing and/or Operations/Supply Chain Finance
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen
- Experience with the financial reporting cycle
- ERP System experience required
- Demonstration of root cause investigation and continuous improvement mindset
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.