Our client is an international retailer based in Dublin City Centre operating in twelve countries across Europe and America. We are assisting the business recruit Senior Finance Business Partners to work with leadership and key stakeholders. The successful candidates will act as lead financial partners for key areas of the business, working side by side with key business stakeholders to design & deliver value at a strategic and operational level.
SENIOR BUSINESS PARTNER FOCUS AREAS:
Property & New Markets – Provide lead financial analysis on all property investments undertaken by the company; new stores, extensions, refits, freehold, leasehold etc.
Business Strategy & Planning – Lead financial partnering relationship with strategy & transformation team and financial owner of key strategic business cases.
Operational & Tactical Activities – Drives insights to drive better performance in the business and exceed targets; e.g. sales and labour management, opex costs, absorption margin, operational and tactical initiatives etc.
- Act as lead financial partner for key areas of the business, working side by side with key business stakeholders to design & deliver value at a strategic and operational level.
- Bring new ideas to the business, solving issues and shaping financial and business strategy
- Focus on head-up, forward looking activities to help maximise opportunity to create value
- Lead by example by developing trusting and collaborative relationships with stakeholders
- Influences key stakeholders and customers to achieve the desired financial outcomes
- Work collaboratively to construct compelling pieces of analysis, outlining issues, opportunities and solutions, overseeing development & ensuring output is insightful & actionable
- Using deep business & commercial understanding, enable, challenge & influence strategic/ business plans, identify areas of risk & opportunity for digital enablement of relevant plans
- Oversee business case development, working with the various teams to deliver outcomes. Collaborate with various stakeholders within Finance to deliver results
ABOUT THE PERSON:
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Likely to be a qualified accountant and/or MBA with 7+ years progressive experience working in a strategic or finance, commercially focused role, in a consulting practice or industry.
- High level of commercial and financial acumen with the ability to formulate and clearly communicate analysis, insight and recommendations for future strategies
- Has worked in a fast-paced finance team, preferable in retail/FMCG
- Action orientated with the ability to identify and drive opportunities for growth, working cross functionally, not just identifying a problem or solution but making the change
- Strong work ethic and very comfortable working in an ‘unstructured’, consultative setting, with a focus on value creation
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.