Barden is delighted to be working with an international, renewables focused company to assist with the hire of a Finance Manager. The company has grown rapidly from a start-up in 2011 to now employing over 90 professionals based in Ireland, the UK, Europe, and Japan.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This role will lead a talented team of 8 covering Treasury and Operations. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy, controls, and valuation of all activity across the firm, from proprietary trading to client contracting. This is a key leadership role for an individual committed to driving success for the team and the firm.
The role will include:
- Responsibility for Financial Operations. This covers the protection of financial data integrity of a trade or contract from execution to settlement.
- Leading the Business Partnering team supporting the Front Office ensuring the accuracy of daily P&L / KPI reporting and ensuring this reconciles to the month end close.
- Leading the Treasury team protecting the cash management and liquidity of the firm. This includes ensuring the process of capital allocation and related reporting is in line with the firm’s business plan and is transparent to all stakeholders.
- Bring added value to the firm’s performance by assisting the front office with business development from a financial requirement / impact perspective.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the firm’s parent company, finance, and operations teams.
- Strong leadership skills to continue to motivate an experienced and ambitious team.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
The Successful Candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong academic skills from a relevant discipline – Finance & Accounting; BComm; Accountancy (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- 5+ years’ experience in the energy and/or financial services sector, in a finance or operations function.
- Strong knowledge of Derivative life cycle from execution to settlement with particular focus on valuation and margining.
- Modelling skills particularly focussed on cashflow scenarios with particular reference to changing market conditions.
- Interest in change – drive process improvements, focus on automation, best in class mentality across all areas of responsibility.
- Problem solving and a can-do attitude, coupled with a high level of resilience and tenacity.
- Team Leadership and Management.
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.