Barden are delighted to be working with a leading manufacturing company, based in Cork who are looking to hire a Financial Accountant. Working as part of a large, highly professional team, you will take on a key finance role within the company’s rapidly growing SSC.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Responsible for the General Ledger accounting for one or more entities;
- Responsible for review and posting of month-end close and accounting transactions;
- Responsible for the accounting and reporting requirements under U.S. and local GAAP;
- The development of strong relationships with key stakeholders across EMEA, APAC and US;
- Preparation of key performance indicators and the establishment of a continuous improvement culture;
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and supports the audit process by providing timely and accurate information and data;
- Evaluation of processes and recommends and implements process improvements;
- Responsible for supporting and preparation of the Statutory Accounting Activities for one or more entities.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Qualified Accountant with post-qualification experience in industry a strong advantage;
- Experience working in a Shared Service Centre is an advantage but not essential;
- Experience with US GAAP and SAP is desirable;
- Strong technical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – the ability to work effectively across multiple functions and different cultures;
- An effective team player, who demonstrates excellent leadership and negotiation skills.
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.