Barden have been retained by a leading Cork company to identify an experienced financial analyst to take on oversight of a number of significant, income producing, local and national investments. Working closely with the CEO and CFO this role will have significant exposure to the non-exec board, 3rd party investors and various financial institutions.
“This is a unique moment in time for our business and represents a significant step forward in terms of our ability to create value for our stakeholders. This person will play a key role in helping us shape our relationship with the investment community and be integral in our continued ability to raise and invest capital both locally and nationally. This is a high visibility role that comes with both challenges and opportunities, as we shape this new future in our business” – CEO
This role will initially involve taking on full responsibility for an investment portfolio which will play a central role in the origination of new funds and opportunities into the future. Some of the day to day will initially include
- Leading all activities within the Investment Portfolio
- Financial analysis of all key metrics such as Revenue, Costs, Cash and Profit
- Preparation of Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, & cashflows for the Investment Portfolio
- Develop budgets & forecasts for the quarterly board packs and report to the management team and the external stakeholders.
- Over time take on responsibility for the preparation of Quarterly reports for the entire portfolio, quarterly Bank reporting and presentations
“When you are successful in this role you will create your own future within the organisation – as the investment portfolio grows so to does your opportunity in the business” – CFO
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Ideally you are a qualified accountant with circa 5 years of PQE within an investment/banking environment
- Very strong analysis skills with the ability to both live in the detail and translate the detail into meaningful information for internal and external use
- Strong report writing skills
- Experience in fast paced, ambitious environments where hard work is rewarded.
This is a relatively unique role in Cork and may suit someone working in an investment environment in Dublin/London who is looking to make the transition home OR a highly skilled financial analyst with previous exposure to investment appraisal/analysis.
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.