Our client is a large US MNC with EMEA operations in Dublin. They are presently recruiting a Financial Controller, with significant experience of US GAAP and FRS 102, to cover a 12 month contract.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Financial Controller will be based in Dublin managing a team of 8, mostly qualified accountants. The team is presently working from home and this will continue for the foreseeable future.
This role will suit an ambitious and skilled senior finance professional with people management experience, strong reporting skills and excellent knowledge of FRS 102 and US GAAP. Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Management of month end, quarter end and year end close ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all financial statements for a number of international entities.
- Review of accounting processes and improvement of same if necessary.
- Ensuring all local operations are in compliance with statutory reporting guidelines.
- Manage relationship with external auditors and oversee all audit obligations.
- Business Partnering with Tax, Treasury, Legal etc.
- Lead, develop and coach an established team of accountants
- Analyse results and trends to improve business performance
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Preferably Big 4 trained with excellent academic record
- ACA/ACCA/CPA or CIMA qualified
- 6 to 8 years PQE
- Significant financial reporting experience
- Advanced knowledge of FRS 102 and US GAAP reporting
- Excellent people management skills
- Strong ERP knowledge
This is an ideal role for someone that wants to work directly with an experienced, passionate finance team and has the ability to keep up in a fast moving, dynamic business. Experience in a US headquartered company with advanced knowledge of US GAAP and FRS 102 is essential.
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.