An opportunity for a global mobility manager has arisen to join a leading industry based in Dublin to join the global mobility team, for a 12 month contract. Working closely with HR, tax and broader finance teams, this is a very diverse role.
As global mobility manager you will be part of a team responsible for the global mobility strategy. You will work with HR business partners, various levels of management and employees to provide context, consultation, and guidance around global mobility practices and issues. Managing a small team will also be a key focus of the role and as such strong people management and leadership skills are essential.
This is an ideal opportunity for a tax professional coming from a global mobility/employment taxes background keen to develop experience within a highly impressive industry leader.
About the position
- Deliver the Global Mobility annual plan;
- Manage a team responsible for the day to day operations of the group’s mobility program and provide support on all mobility matters, including tax, social security, immigration, relocation, repatriation and localisation;
- Provide expert knowledge and guidance to the organization relating to their globally mobile workforce,
- Helping individuals and the business to navigate the complexity of the movement of their people including formal long term assignments and short term assignments.
- Ensuring the groups policies and practices are aligned with market best practice and are consistently applied.
- Deal with all aspects of cross-border situations, implement plans/take action to ensure the company is compliant and ensure individuals are aware of any personal taxation implications
- Prepare compensation summaries and liaise with HR/the business/assignees on finalising and agreeing assignment packages;
- Support the Finance function with the forecasting and budgeting for assignment arrangements;
- Manage the commercial arrangements, including the review and approval of Third Party vendor invoices, regular expenditure tracking and support for Finance with the forecasting and funding accrual process;
- Build and maintain sustainable relationships with external advisors
About the person
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in a global mobility role within practice or industry
- Excellent understanding of mobility practices and policy, social security, immigration and tax requirements.
- Deep understanding of personal tax in cross border situations
- Detailed knowledge of expatriate payroll principles
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- Innovative and solution oriented individual, not afraid to challenge and influence decisions
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build mutually beneficial relationships at all levels
- Strong analytical skills and process improvement orientated
- Confident in partnering with business managers in an approachable and engaging manner
- Excellent people management skills
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.